The commercial, industrial, and residential areas are concentrated mostly along the coastline. It is ideally located in the middle of the U.S. East Coast at the entrance of Chesapeake Bay. Chesapeake has a strong workforce living in and around the city and with its dynamic economy it embraces the concept of a global village with a blend of the best American and more than 80 foreign owned companies. It is also consistently one of the top 5 safest cities in the U.S. with populations greater than 200,000.
The reason for the increasing number of Chesapeake part-time careers is because people are looking for additional sources of income aside from what they earn out of their regular jobs and also more companies hiring part-time workers instead of additional full-time regular workers for economic reasons. Despite the current recession, the city of Chesapeake is a regular in the list of 100 best places to raise your family and best places to live so it is an ideal place to go looking for a job part-time or full-time.
There are some things you could do if you are looking for Chesapeake part-time jobs.
1) List all of your friends and family who are living and working in or near Chesapeake and the place where they work at. You can then call or visit and ask them to provide you with name and information about the persons in charge of personnel or hiring in there company and call them to ask if there any available part-time jobs in their company; 2) Look out for the frequent job fairs in Chesapeake and prepare several copies of your resume and the formal attire you will be using for interviews in advance; 3) Malls, recreation areas and business parks are excellent places to look for part-time jobs, especially around the Greenbrier business area which is a most successful planned unit development in the U.S. East Coast; 4) You can take note of companies you are interested in working for and submit a resume even if they are not hiring at the moment because they could also have positions which could become open soon or they might have unadvertised part-time job openings; 5) you can look in online job boards and search for part-time jobs, check them daily for updates; 6) You can check out professional associations appropriate to the line of part-time work you want to apply for such as the American Nurses Association if you are looking for a part-time nursing job; 7) You can also check with local recruiters or employment agencies and there are even employment agencies who specifically cater to those who seek part-time work; 8) Local news papers are still being used by companies to post their job openings.
There are numerous prominent companies offering Chesapeake part-time employment:
1) Evening Help – 7 days a week 6 to 10 pm, must have your own transportation, 3 employment references, and pass a criminal background check. Hourly wage is $8.86 per hour.
2) Part-time Package Handlers – 4 shifts, ideal job for students and people needing extra money, paid weekly. If you are a student we will provide you with tuition assistance.
3) Part-time Demonstrators – flexible schedules, ideal for people needing extra income, must be willing to work Saturdays and Sundays, work for a major packaged goods company.
4) Part-time Concierge – responsibilities include receiving and providing information to guests and residents; entrusted with keys and control access; receive mail of occupants; go between for management and residents.
5) Part-time Store workers – open to people with disabilities and from diverse backgrounds; responsibilities include stocking shelves, rotate products, returning misplaced items, removing damaged items and debris, clean and dust shelves, operate pallet jack, mopping of floors. Applicants must have previous experience in stock room work.
You can find more Chesapeake part-time job listings by visiting ChesapeakeCrossing.com and sign up for a risk free trial today to find jobs that are just right for you!